Downloadable resources and explainer videos for delivering support services to international students, with cultural intelligence.
Self-identify any cultural factors you may be overlooking that could prevent students from accessing your services or following through with your advice
Use the checklists for addressing common cross-cultural scenarios for providers of student support services. Includes case studies and helpful phrases to use in different scenarios.
Show the printable cross-cultural visual aids to students during your counselling, advisory or mentoring sessions
Watch my explainer videos for additional insights that accompany the scenarios included in the checklists
PACKED WITH PRACTICAL TIPS ON
- How to advise students on managing the most common, problematic cross-cultural situations
- How to handle common cross-cultural situations that are problematic for student support staff
- How to discover and manage your cultural blind spots that may be a barrier to engaging with, and relating to your students
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT
Top 5 cross-cultural situations causing international students to seek student support
- Homesickness, culture shock, loneliness and isolation
- Family and financial pressures
- Seeking employment, and presenting to potential employers as being a “good cultural fit”
- Social integration, making friends with locals, and “fitting in’
- Personal safety, including mental health
Top 5 cross-cultural situations problematic for student support staff
- Recognising different worldviews of international students and how these influence their approach to accessing student support
- Connecting with international students who need help, but who are not seeking help
- Helping students “open up” and share underlying factors influencing their challenge
- Having difficult conversations with students, with cultural sensitivity
- Creating cultural awareness among colleagues who influence the student experience but who may not understand important cultural nuance
What you'll get
- Cultural Awareness Scorecards to help you (or your colleagues) self-identify any cultural factors being overlooked that could prevent students from accessing your services or following through with your advice
- 10 x Cultural Awareness Checklists for addressing the most common cross-cultural scenarios problematic for you and your students
- Printable cross-cultural visual aids for showing to students during your counselling, advisory or mentoring sessions. Particularly useful for coaching-style conversations: helps students identify “what’s really going on?” and self-identify solutions.
- Explainer videos for additional insights into the featured cross-cultural scenarios
- Discount for enrolling into my foundational course Foundations for Improving Cross-Cultural Relational Skills. Although the foundational course is not a pre-requisite for purchasing this product “Cultural Awareness Scorecards / Checklists: Delivering Support Services to International Students”, it is highly recommended. Many of the concepts referred to in this product are explained in the foundational course.
- Unlimited access so you can download the resources and rewatch the videos at any time
- Risk-Free Guarantee: If you purchase and feel that this product is not a good fit for you, I’m giving you a 14-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Certificate of Completion for your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) records available upon request
WHY YOU SHOULD PRE-REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
By completing this form, you are eligible for an Early Bird Pre-Release Discount, available only to people who pre-register.
Pre-registering now ensures you don’t miss out on important updates, alerts and reminders, including your Early Bird Pre-Release Discount Coupon.
- You are not committed to purchase at this pre-registration stage
- No payment required to register your interest
- This product is scheduled for release in 2023
PRE-REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
to be eligible for the Early Bird Pre-Release Discount
Check your spam folder if you don't receive our confirmation email within a few minutes. If our confirmation email is blocked by your server, unfortunately you won’t receive our Early Bird Pre-Release Discount email coming soon. By clicking "submit" you agree for us to email you at this address for important updates only. We don't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Contact Craig Shim via the CONTACT page if you require help.