Downloadable resources and explainer videos for teaching international students, with cultural intelligence.
Self-identify cultural factors you may be overlooking that prevent students from fully engaging with their studies or having a positive student experience
Use the checklists for addressing common cross-cultural scenarios for teachers, instructors and lecturers. Includes case studies and helpful phrases to use in different scenarios.
Share the printable cross-cultural visual aids to students during classroom discussions and group work
Watch my explainer videos for additional insights that accompany the scenarios included in the checklists
PACKED WITH PRACTICAL TIPS ON
- How to create a positive student experience that is inclusive of international students
- How to handle common cross-cultural situations that are problematic for teachers, instructors and lecturers
- How to discover and manage your cultural blind spots that may be barriers to engaging with, and relating to your students
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT
Top 5 cross-cultural, study-related situations problematic for international students
- Engaging in classroom or team discussions
- Presenting, explaining and demonstrating academic understanding
- Engaging in group work with local students
- Falling behind in studies
- Expectations around self-directed learning and personal accountability
Top 5 cross-cultural situations problematic for teaching staff
- Recognising different worldviews of international students and how these influence their approach to studies
- Recognising what’s really going on when international students struggle academically
- Accommodating different learning styles and behavioural characteristics of international students
- Encouraging and facilitating interaction between international and local students in group work
- Creating cultural awareness among colleagues who influence the student experience but who may not understand important cultural nuances
What you'll get
- Cultural Awareness Scorecards to help you (or your colleagues) self-identify cultural factors being overlooked that could may be a barrier to engaging with, and relating to your students
- 10 x Cultural Awareness Checklists for addressing the most common cross-cultural, academic-related scenarios problematic for you and your students
- Printable cross-cultural visual aids for sharing with students during classroom discussions and group work. Particularly useful for setting team rules for group projects.
- Explainer videos for additional insights into the featured cross-cultural scenarios
- Discount for enrolling into my foundational course Foundations for Improving Cross-Cultural Relational Skills. Although the foundational course is not a pre-requisite for purchasing this product “Cultural Awareness Scorecards / Checklists: Delivering Support Services to International Students”, it is highly recommended. Many of the concepts referred to in this product are explained in the foundational course.
- Unlimited access so you can download the resources and rewatch the videos at any time
- Risk-Free Guarantee: If you purchase and feel that this product is not a good fit for you, I’m giving you a 14-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Certificate of Completion for your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) records available upon request
WHY YOU SHOULD PRE-REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
By completing this form, you are eligible for an Early Bird Pre-Release Discount, available only to people who pre-register.
Pre-registering now ensures you don’t miss out on important updates, alerts and reminders, including your Early Bird Pre-Release Discount Coupon.
- You are not committed to purchase at this pre-registration stage
- No payment required to register your interest
- This product is scheduled for release in 2023
PRE-REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
to be eligible for the Early Bird Pre-Release Discount
Check your spam folder if you don't receive our confirmation email within a few minutes. If our confirmation email is blocked by your server, unfortunately you won’t receive our Early Bird Pre-Release Discount email coming soon. By clicking "submit" you agree for us to email you at this address for important updates only. We don't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Contact Craig Shim via the CONTACT page if you require help.