RELATING TO OTHERS AND BUILDING TRUST
Tricky at the best of times.
Even more challenging when dealing with customers, clients, and colleagues from different cultural backgrounds.
You first need to know how to relate to someone if you want to influence their behaviour or move them up the scale of satisfaction, no matter what industry you work in.
As a qualified intercultural business consultant, I’ll walk you through my 3-step framework for improving your cross-cultural relational skills so that you relate better to your customers, clients and colleagues from any cultural background. Enrol now, and I look forward to seeing you inside the course.
Craig Shim, Alphacrane Intercultural SpecialistsENROL
Learn how to relate better to customers, clients, and colleagues from any cultural background
15 lessons (60mins)
1 download (Reflection Learning Journal)
Self-assessment on the Scale of Cross-Cultural Relatability
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
Professionals working on international project teams
Professionals who work with, or provide services to people from different cultural backgrounds
Professionals seeking to improve their cross-cultural relational skills
Anyone trying to establish trust with counterparts from a different cultural background
Establish your baseline score on the Scale of Cross-Cultural Relatability
Set your stretch goal for moving up the Scale of Cross-Cultural Relatability
Relate better to your customers, clients, and colleagues from any cultural background
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
FROM FRUSTRATION TO SUCCESS
It can be truly frustrating when someone stands between you and your goal of accomplishing a task, completing a project, delivering a service, or closing a deal.
In most situations, you can draw on years of past experience to navigate a solution.
But when you’re operating in a new country or dealing with someone from a different cultural background, those strategies that may have worked for you in the past could miss the mark, or even backfire.
That’s when cultural intelligence and an ability to relate to people from a range of cultural backgrounds are critical professional skills.
I have personally coached over 100 global executives to overcome their cross-cultural business challenges, including the challenges listed on this page.
If any of the listed challenges are barriers to achieving your professional or business goals, this course is for you!
Let me show you some proven methods to overcome your frustration and get you back on track for success.
DO YOU RELATE TO ANY OF THESE CHALLENGES?
The cross-cultural relational techniques I share with my clients are the same techniques you'll learn when you enrol in my foundational course.
- Frustration when managing international and culturally diverse teams
- Cultural blind spots when negotiating international deals, partnerships, and supplier arrangements
- Gaps when onboarding international employees
- Friction when collaborating in culturally diverse teams
- Lack of cultural awareness when servicing culturally diverse customers, clients and patients
- Unintentional oversights when planning and executing international projects
- Clash of cultures during international M&As
- Resistance to change management and business improvement initiatives being rolled out internationally
- Challenges attracting and retaining international talent
- Difficult transition after relocating to a new country and adjusting to a new business culture
- Problems associated with teaching and supporting international students
- Missed opportunities when hosting and attending international delegations and trade missions
- Difficulty reasoning with international customers, clients and colleagues
- Resistance when seeking commitment from culturally diverse customers, clients and colleagues
- Ineffective techniques for resolving conflict with international stakeholders and partners
- Stalled progress trying to improve accountability of culturally diverse clients and colleagues
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to relate to someone from a different cultural background if you want to influence their behaviour or move them up the scale of satisfaction
- How to discover and manage your cultural blind spots
- How to distinguish between cultural differences and personality flaws or professional flaws
- How to identify the underlying cultural values, motivators and priorities that drive your behaviour, and the behaviour of people from different cultural backgrounds
- How to bridge any cultural gaps that may be preventing you from relating well to others
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Step-by-step course lessons to guide your journey all the way through to achieving cross-cultural relatability goal with your customers, clients and colleagues
- 60 minutes of lessons presented in video format, plus lesson notes and activities
- Practical indicators of one-star through to five-star relationships, so you can score yourself, set your goal, and track your progress
- Practical examples of intercultural best practice
- Self-assessment activities for your personal and professional growth
- Downloadable Reflection Journal packed with additional resources, self-reflection activities, and best practice frameworks
- Foundations of Cultural Intelligence, explained in practical terms for immediate action
- Unlimited access so you can rewatch lessons at any time
- Risk-Free Guarantee: If you join and feel that the course is not a good fit for you, I’m giving you a 14-day 100% money-back guarantee
- Certificate of Completion for your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) records available upon request
Module 1: Start Here
Module 2: Moving up the Scale of Relatability
Module 3: Cultural Dimensions
Module 4: Cultural Intelligence as a Relational Skill
Module 5: Where To From Here?
I am a qualified intercultural business consultant, and I help people hone their cross-cultural business and relational skills.
With over two decades of global experience and previously based in Asia for 14 years (China, Singapore, Myanmar and Indonesia), I was an intercultural advisor to multinational corporations, foreign embassies and various agencies of the United Nations.
Since returning to Australia in 2015 and establishing Alphacrane Intercultural Specialists the same year, I provide cross-cultural advice and intercultural executive coaching to organisations including Air New Zealand, Biogen, Boeing, BP, Nike, PepsiCo and Mastercard.
Craig Shim, Alphacrane Intercultural Specialists